8/05/2004

 

CD's This week

The review for this week's CDs is here! The CD's purchased this week are: Lil Rob - Neighborhood Music, Eve 6, and ABK - Dirty History. My first purchase this week, Lil Rob was not inspired by the radio or ads anywhere, it was actually low on my CD priority list but this is how it happened: I went to Hastings to try and find Eve 6's first album, self-titled I believe, and failed. I had a Hastings gift card so I had to purchase something at the store. I searched for another CD I had been looking for and was disappointed to find that it too, was out of stock. At this point I was thoroughly dissatisfied with Hastings so I picked up Neighborhood Music on my way out. I was not expecting to be impressed with this selection but what came out was something that I had only heard in groups like Delinquent Habits - Spanish Rap. I love it because it mixes the traditional "hood love" "gangsta flava" with the mexican culture. With english and spanish lyrics, Lil Rob shows another side of Rap that doesn't live in New York, Los Angeles, or Detroit. Somewhere in the first song, he mentions growing up in San Diego, which might be a place that most people associate with low crime and surfing. Lil Rob shows us the other side of San Diego with his powerful metaphors. Overall this was a great buy, I would recommend this CD to anyone with an appreciation for talented lyricists and great beats.

The next CD I purchased was ABK(Anybody Killa)'s "Dirty History" I haven't listened to the whole CD yet but the beats are already great and ABK is back with his signature lisp and a whole wagonload of psychopathic artists collaborating. If you are an ICP, Twiztid or just a Psychopathic Records fan, you already know if you like ABK or not. I would recommend this CD, but as many of you know, I would probably recommend any Psychopathic Record artist purely by affiliation.

My last purchase of the week was Eve 6's Debut Album(the one with the fly on the cover) I actually owned this CD in the past and sold it, I have no idea why. Recently, I happened to hear a song off this album and recognized it to be their first single ever: Inside out. This prompted me to try to find the CD, but that turned out to be harder than I thought. I didn't know this CD was so rare here in town. I searched all the CD sellers in town and came up with nothing. When looking for a gift for a friend, I came across the CD and snagged up the last copy. Lucky me! Anyway, this CD is classic - Eve 6 before the corruption set in. All the songs are great, it's a "listen all the way through" CD. One of the better ones I now own. If you like Eve 6, I suggest this one, as it is their best album byfar.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?