9/23/2004

 

Music dis Mumph

Yes, the music review is finally here! Music this month:



The Prodigy - Always outnumbered, Never Outgunned
I was so excited when I spotted this album on the shelf at Best Buy. I had no idea Prodigy was coming out with a new one, so I was completely suprised (and overjoyed) when I found out. It was just like Christmas. I immediately put down my other prospective purchases. I knew I was getting this one. I hadn't heard a new prodigy track since...well about '99 but they may have contributed a new song to one of the Matrix soundtracks in the mean time...anyway, the point is: This album is a long time coming. I loved their other albums. Fat of the Land was byfar thier greatest acheivement. Firestarter was a song everyone had in their heads for months after it came out. Breathe was my pump up song throughout high school. Smack My Bitch Up stirred controversy and publicity for the album...I loved the whole CD. Prodigy has been one of my favorites ever since then. The new album focuses on beats. Supurb beats all the way through. There is so much base in these tracks you can drink it. Always outnumbered, Never Outgunned also boasts at least six tracks featuring other artists such as: The Ping Pong Bitches, Kool Keith, Princess Superstar, and even Twista! This album makes you wanna...no, it gets you up and makes you dance. You really cannot resist The Prodigy. You can't not dance to this. It just makes you move. I really suggest anyone even THINKING about having a party, add at least one Prodigy track to their arsenal. This album is great overall, well worth the money. An incredible album by the group that I would expect no less from. GO BUY IT. I swear you'll love it.



Godsmack - The Other Side
Godsmack has never really been "one of my bands". I always liked them, but not really enough to buy their albums. When I heard the new Asleep track, I couldn't resist picking up this album. I have been unable to find this CD for quite some time now, so when I finally got it, I was relieved. This album has been compared, by many critics, to the Alice in Chains acoustic venture: Jar of Flies. I think that Godsmack can pull this acoustic off better than any band I have heard in a long time...even AIC. I know that's a big statement, but I believe it. Although the album is only about half an hour long, it still makes a solid impact on me everytime I listen to it. When I have a hard day at work or school and just want to chill, this is the album I throw on almost every time. This CD is all about mellow guitar, calm beats and Sully Erna's signature vocals. Even though this is a "chill out" album, Godsmack loses none of their hard rock roots. You can still hear the primal growl in Sully's voice when he sings Keep Away or Running Blind. All the tracks on this CD are supurb acoustic performances while keeping with the Godsmack sound that so many know and love. I have come to love this album and I know you will too. Try to pick it up if you can find it (it's usually cheaper because of the length) or download it if you have to. This is an essential for anyone who needs to take it easy once in a while.



G Love - The Hustle
The Hustle! I just got this one, so I don't have too much to say about it yet, but so far it sounds great! I've only listened to it a couple of times through but, from what I have heard, it blends guitar, harmonica, and solid vocals until its a blues smoothie of Love. If you like Jack Johnson, you need to check this guy out. G Love is currently signed to Brushfire Records - Jack Johnson's record label and even features Johnson on his album. Love plays with a band called "Special Sauce" but the band name is curiously not mentioned here. The band sounds great when paired with Love's bluesey toned voice. This guy sounds professional yet fun...I have yet to find something wrong with this album. More on G Love later.


Comments:
Dude the Godsmack CD sounds good, I need to hear that. Gotta love Prodigy, that is understood. I only heard those two songs from G-Love, but they were both good so I need to check out the rest of that CD.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?