10/21/2004

 

Resurrection



I just realized that I had not yet made a post about 2 Pac. Pac is one of the most influential rappers of...well, ever. The westside warrior was shot and killed but his spirit lives on today in his music, which I love. There are still people who believe Tupac is alive. To me, it doesn't matter if he is alive or dead. All that matters is that his music lives on unedited and uncensored, to remind us of that era. Songs like "Changes" and "Dear Mama" are full of love and concern from the heart of a thug. Others like "California Love" and "Two of America's Most Wanted" remind us of "Thug Life" in the '90s. I'm glad Tupac's music can live on and reach me today. I believe his impact was amplified after his death, and was a positive one. If you have already judged 2 Pac's music because of the person you thought he was or just because it's rap, please reevaluate his art. I urge anyone who is undecided to find out more about Pac and his music, or if you're feelin a little thuggish, Bump some Pac and let it take you back...




Currently listening to: "California Love" - Tupac feat. Dr. Dre


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?