11/24/2004

 

I Died Today

Sometimes I have visions in my dreams, so here is the first of what may become many "Brett's Dreams" posts:

I died today and nobody noticed.
I died and they didn't say a thing.
I guess they did notice, they were shocked.
Nobody cried though.
Not at first.
Then the tears came.
Not from my brothers.
They rode that night.
To find he who was responsible
and deal.
They dont ride usually
but they rode for me
to avenvge what had occured
There were tears by her
and her
and her, and her friend
and her too.
Most didn't believe it
but down the road
they still "poured out a little liquor" at the parties
they hung up my shirt
"Bartender" forever on the wall
nobody could put it on
but all I needed was their tears
and I was satisfied
if they didn't care...I couldn't go on
what was my life, if nobody noticed my absence?
But they rode, and they cried, and they hung up my shirt.
So now...I'm ok.

Currently Listening to: "Still Loving You" - The Scorpions

Comments:
Oh I was the Anonymous poster, I don't know why it did that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?