11/01/2004

 




I was just reminded that the new FPS for Playstation 2 is out tomorrow and I have the preorder demo disc at home. I had lost sight of this game in the midst of the GTA frenzy but I had planned on mentioning it before the release. I am early only by one day but that gives you notice enough to go buy this game if you are so inclined after reading this post and an optional review from gamespot.com. I have played the first 2 missions of the game included on the demo disc and I am very impressed. I am currently hard to impress in light of GTA's release but this game is still one of my "must have" purchases. It has the usual FPS controls and the expected linear mission structure but after that, is different from other shooters. The graphics are very good and are supported well by the PS2 with minimal lag and high frame rate. I loved the death animations and sounds of this game. The enemy AI is incredible. I walked into a bunker that had been fragged only a moment before to find two "dead" bodies of enemy soldiers. As I walked out, the fakers shot me in the back. The enemy can also be seen: peaking around corners and finding cover when shot at. These enemies can also communicate what they see to eachother. One enemy saw me and yelled to his comrad to circle around and get me from behind. Sure enough, 30 seconds later, he came around the corner blasting. I tried the same level and snuck up on the first enemy before he could say anything and capped him (headshots account for more damage). And his buddy didn't circle around. This AI shows how much time the developers really put into this game. With that kind of determination, I would have to say, this game will turn out to be a great rival for other FPS in the same platform and may even challenge (other than graphics) games on other platforms such as...well, I won't name names, I know I will get a lot of backlash for what I was going to say. Anyway, if I have interested you, check out the gamespot preview and pick up the game tomorrow, I don't think you will be disappointed if you are a connoisseur of first person shooters.



Currently listening to: This stupid lady talk about how smart she is.

Comments:
I read the gamesopt review. Sounds like a cool game. I wish that I had more time to play games, but as some of you know I only have like 45 MINUTES of free time everyday. Oh well.
 
Oh no Kings Fan! You just wasted about 2 minutes of it too! Although I comend you are spending it on Brett's blog.

As far as the game goes, I might check it out if it comes to the PC, I can't stand playing FPS on the PS2.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?