12/28/2004

 

I call it: "The Switch"



Sometimes things will just switch on you

You never really know when this will happen...sometimes it will TOTALLY surprise you. The switch can be good, or bad, or maybe it switched twice. First it was good, then bad, then back to good again! Or maybe the other way.

I'm not talking about anything specific, this happens with all kinds of things in life. Other people have different ways of explaining it but I call it: "The switch" Something in your life just "switches" It's almost as if you wanted it (or didn't) but you almost never expect it. Something will just switch on you. Straight out of left field. I always liked the Switch. I'm a sucker for surprises. Some people hate them. You know these people. They're the ones that are always crying on you shoulder about how something happened to "ruin their lives" Of course they don't refer to it as the Switch, because they're not me. Don't get me wrong, I've cried on many a shoulder...just not about...well maybe I'm wrong, maybe I have in the past, but I feel that I've learned to appreciate the Switch. To me, it's life's little way of mixing things up, killing redundancy, keeping it interesting. Some Switches may be uncomfortable or even horrible, but then again, there's always a chance for another Switch.

Comments:
Hey, check out Saul Williams. He's a slam poet and he came to Whitman a little while ago. You'll love him--he's amazing. :)
 
Thanks, I'll google him.
 
hey brett. sorry i didnt call...i lost my voice yesterday. argh.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?