12/15/2004

 

"Turn Yourself Around..."



Change is inevitable. I like Amy's post about changes...I have something to add. My two cents. Or three cents. Or ten...I don't know. I think that we've all changed a little, some of us have changed a lot. I can't really say how much I've changed since graduation, since August, since last week, because I am me. I can't see myself like everybody can see me.. I can only assume that I am different than I was, because I see everybody else change in front of my eyes. I can only assume I am changing with them.

I think this is the most excited I have ever been about Christmas. Maybe I was more excited when I was like 5, but not for the same reasons. I don't really know why I am looking forward to the holidays so much this year. I think I feel detached. I feel disconnected from my family and tradition. I just want that again, that's why I want to be with my whole family on Christmas. I miss the feeling. I love being on my own, but I lack the feeling...you know what I'm talking about. I can only take so much time with my family (immediate and extended) but I can't wait to spend Christmas eve with them. Weird Huh? Anyway, the point of all this is to show that I feel like I have changed A LOT. I even look back at my first posts and see how..."then" I was. Stuck in the moment. Just like I am now...different moment. If you've been blogging for a while, take a look back at your first week's posts. It's a trip, let me tell you. If you haven't (or don't blog at all), look at my first month's posts in the archive. You can definitely see the difference from then until now. Anyway, I suppose everybody has this feeling one time or another...maybe more than once.

Maybe some of you can tell me how I am different than I was in...say...August.

Music from the Commute: "It's Raining Men" - Weather Girls

Comments:
I like that quote...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?