2/13/2005

 

Church

I went to church today for the first time in...a LONG time. I was amazed at the feeling that it gave me just to be there. I remember when I was younger, and was forced to go to church with my parents, I had no interest whatsoever in anything that was being said. I remember counting down the clock until we could leave. I remember daydreaming and thinking of ANYTHING else besides the gospel. Today, I actually paid attention, and it was everything that I never knew it could be. I felt so great afterward...rarely has a Sunday for me been this...joyful. I was interested in the sermon. It was thought provoking. It had me evaluating myself in a way that I've never experienced. I feel like this was the first time I had EVER been to church...I'm going again next weekend. I want to learn more. I want to know all I can. I want to feel this again...

Comments:
Hey that's great that you went to church. I enjoyed reading your enthusiasm. I hope you keep going.
 
i've wanted to go to church lately, too...but time time, there is no time. maybe tomorrow, but that is what i always say...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?