2/16/2005

 

A New Love?



I have a confession to make. I am in love...with Dashboard Confessional. I just got A mark, a mission, a brand, a scar (Their newest album) yesterday and I am still in awe. It's been so long since an artist has shocked me like this. This album is incredible, undeniably original, and once I absorb it, I can't wait to get my hands on the others. I want more. The most amazing thing is this: DC is only one man - Chris Carrabba. I couldn't believe it at first, but now I am thoroughly impressed. This guy has been around for a while now, and I don't know why I didn't notice him before.

A mark, a mission is so heartfelt, so emotional...it induces heartbreak. I listened to this album on the way to work today and I just wanted to sit in my car and cry...It made me so sad, but it was addicting in a way that you may never understand...unless, of course, you purchase the album. Then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. OH, the joys of heartbreak! If Dashboard Confessional's third full album can affect me like this, I'm going to need more. I'll acquire the other two, plus the EP's and then I'll be another waiting fan...waiting for the next big release, the next big emotional set, the next big heartbreak...to get my fix.

Comments:
o my god brett...I totally hardcore feel you with the Dashboard love...#2 favorite of all time...cause of course nothing beats Nirvana... but yea...Im so happy that you discovered Dashboard Confessional...theres just something about the raw emotion thats the basis for each and every one of the songs...theres no shallow music...Im in love too...have been since like 2000! lol, OH, listen to "The Brilliant Dance" Its one of my favorites

*Jenna
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?