6/30/2005

 

nerds

I knew a lot of nerds in High School.

Guess what? They're still nerds in College.

The curious thing I just realized was this:

These guys have always been nerds. They will always be nerds. They will get the best jobs, still be nerds, hang out together, make lots of money, and ultimately get a chick. This is unfair.

I remember some nerdy-ass kids in elementary school walking around all nerdy and everything...acting like they were cool. But they weren't. Those were the kids who just walked past you and you were like "wow...what a dork" Yea, them.

Those same kids were the picked on ones that you felt bad for in middle school. But you never said anything because they were such nerds and..."they deserved it somehow"

Those SAME kids came to high school (sometimes with guns) and excelled in all their classes, got above average GPAs and somehow found eachother. They formed "nerd groups" These nerds dated eachother and hung out together. They didn't associate with non-nerds. All these nerds were accepted into great colleges and that's where they figured something out.

The nerds in college are the same nerds that went to elementary school with me, middle school with me, and high school with me. But now they are working hard, not just for nerdism, but for a "good job" when they get done. Curiously, I am working for the same thing. Does this make me a nerd? NO. What it does make me is competition. More than likely though, the nerd will get a better GPA, considering all the practice he had in high school. I didn't know what a GPA was in high school. So if we compete for the same job, he will be hired and I...will not.

I've realized that this is how the world after college works by observing my workplace. Here are the things I've observed:
  1. They're all nerds (more than 85%).
  2. They took over and don't even realize it.
  3. They make lots of money.
  4. They drive nice cars.

I am determined not to fail. I will succeed so that I can infiltrate this "nerd society." I will make lots of money. I will drive a nice car. I will not be a nerd.


Comments:
I am a nerd.... But I slacked off through high school.... Hum maybe I am just a quasi nerd...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?