10/24/2005

 

Patience



Guns N' Roses told us that all we need is a little patience. I've found that this is true and can be applied to everyday life. My life is so hectic and fast paced that I never really have to wait for anything to happen because something always does. But on those rare occasions where I do have to actually wait for something, I find that I have very little patience. I attribute this to the fact that I never have to wait for anything. Everything is fast: school, food, sleep, work. Everything goes by in a flash, and I'm still so impatient when things don't move so quickly. The question that all this begs is: Do I really want my life to fly by so fast? Maybe I should appreciate and cherish those moments that I find myself waiting for something, because it's a rarity that might not be so common in the rest of my life. Steppenwolf told us that we were "born to be wild" and I don't disagree, but those little moments of calm that we experience from time to time shouldn't be a source of anxiety, but a calming moment of relaxation.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?